Friday, December 5, 2008

Final Simulation

Today was our last class and the end of the final simulation. This portion was definitely my favorite because we were done with the videos and got to debate. I thought that the other groups had some interesting points, but it was also a little bit frustrating for me. As Venezuela, my group had to argue against everybody and since I knew we were going to get outvoted it seemed a little bit pointless to argue. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the simulation.

Our main point about sovereignty is something that I’ve been thinking about. On the one hand, it sucks that a country would have to conform to world bank standards even if the could come up with a plausible alternative (the Venezuelan way y’all ;D) but on the other hand the world bank does need to come up with some type of criteria to look at when allocating money and giving loans.

No comments: